Ben’s Origin Records album with U.S. Poet Laureate Philip Levine, “The Poetry of Jazz,” was voted #3 “Best Album of 2018” (following Chick Corea and Wynton Marsalis) in DownBeat’s 83rd annual Readers Poll, featured on NPR’s “All Things Considered,” an Editor’s Pick in “The Paris Review,” and hailed in leading literary and music journals as a historic recording. His upcoming Origin album, “Joy,” was recorded in Ghana while he served as a U.S. Fulbright Scholar. He has garnered 18 national/international awards and honors for his music, which appear on 28 albums and have been performed in 36 countries at venues such as Carnegie Hall, the Kennedy Center and Disney Hall.
FEATURED JAZZ VIDEO
“JOY” | Album Preview Trailer
FEATURED CLASSICAL VIDEO
“WATERLESS MUSIC: A DROUGHT SYMPHONY” for Orchestra, Recorded Narration, and Water
- Benjamin Boone and the Ghana Jazz Collective - Album Release Concert!
- TBA - save the date!
- Help me celebrate the Origin Records release of my new CD "JOY"
- “Munro Review” in-depth interview about THE POETRY OF JAZZ, Vol 2
- Read T.R. Hummer’s brilliant scholarly essay on “THE POETRY OF JAZZ” in “Blackbird”
- “The Poetry of Jazz” listed as one of the “Best Albums of 2018” in Downbeat
- “The Poetry of Jazz” #3 “Jazz Album of the Year” in Downbeat’s 83rd Readers Poll
- NPR’s “All Things Considered” feature on THE POETRY OF JAZZ
Sign up for a Newsletter
“CURTAIN OF LIGHT” | LIVE from Accra’s +233 Jazz Club